Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Thrills and Chills

I just gave myself a bit of a thrill...I cut my hair for the first time.  And not just a little snip.  I cut bangs in.  It was a good few inches.  It was so liberating to see all the dark hair just drop right into the trash can...I'm beginning to sound like Summer from (500) Days of Summer.

It's getting closer and closer to Halloween.  I love this time of year, and all the sights and smells associated with it.  I just wish I didn't have to do work during it.  I just hate homework.  Right now I'm working on overhauling an Othello essay.  It's going well...I think.  I hope.  It definitely has a lot more focus now...I just don't know though.  And I waited too long to begin revising it...but at the same time I started it much earlier than I would have in the past, so I guess that's a small sort of accomplishment.  I just would like to be done with it.

I haven't left my room all day.  Took a "mental health day/catch up day".  I'm trying to stay focused on that...but at the same time it's really hard when you've got so many projects to work on.  At least the only really big one is to finish revising this paper.  Other than that I have to finish reading Heart of Darkness and Great Expectations by Thursday, and study for a finance quiz tomorrow, but I think I'll do that tomorrow morning.  So for today, I think I'm going to try to finish overhauling the paper...then I can look at it again tomorrow to make sure it's what I want.  I'll also do some reading (Heart of Darkness first because I have a quiz on it on Thursday) and look at the London Programme website...oh yeah! I was officially accepted into the London Internship Programme for next semester!!

LONDON! I am so excited! I spent some time today looking through my friend's pictures from when she went to London this past summer and it looks like she had an amazing time! I can't wait to do that.  I CAN'T WAIT. I'm already sick of BU...is that sad? :/  London seems so much more interesting! I really can't wait to go.  I'm hoping to get a couple more dresses before I do...I love wearing dresses, and it seems like London is the place to reinvent yourself.  At least I feel like I'll be able to. Who knows.  I guess I'll find out.

Alright, back to the grind! I just have to think about the fact that this paper is on Othello, which was written by Shakespeare, who's from England...yeah...that's it.

A foggy day
In London town
Had me low
Had me down
I viewed the morning
With such alarm
British museum
Had lost its charm

How long I wonder
Could this thing last
But the age of miracles
Hadn't past
For suddenly
I saw you there
And through a foggy London town
The sun was shining
Everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment