Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reminiscing

Feeling very nostalgic today.  Currently listening to the You're A Good Man Charlie Brown soundtrack and remembering the amazing time I had portraying Sally Brown.  Sometimes I miss high school more than I thought I would.  I remember feeling absolutely and completely comfortable in the chorus room, and in the auditorium.  It was crazy...I had so, so, so many good times in that auditorium.  The Secret Garden, Anything Goes, Grease, 42nd Street, You're A Good Man Charlie Brown, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, and The Case of the Smuggling Ship.  Seven amazing shows, and four amazing leading roles.  I was so fortunate.  Currently I remember having an amazing time being about 4 years old and pretending I knew everything about philosophies.  

In high school I felt on top of the world.  I was smart, teachers loved me, I had amazing friends and an amazing voice.  The music department was my life.  I loved every minute of it, even those minutes that weren't great.  Sometimes I wish I could go back and relive a day, or a week even.  Sometimes I wish I had appreciated it more while I was at that place in my life.  

Well, that's all for now.

In my eyes are Valentines
And Easter eggs
And New Years wine,
But when my heart finds Christmas,
My eyes will shine like new.

All the days are kind to me,
And fall too far behind to see,
And when my heart finds Christmas,
I hope it finds you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment