Monday, October 4, 2010

You've Got Mail

Believe it or not, one of my all time favorite movies is on right now.  Coincidentally, it's also part of the reason why I write this thought-keeper.  I like writing for the sake of writing...despite the fact that I don't have anyone to write to, like they do in the movie.  Hopefully I will one day.

So, new developments in the ever changing world of love...after feeling more sad than anticipated over the thought that Guy from Sicilia's forgot about me, I spoke with a good friend over the matter.  She encouraged me to send him a private message, just one last time, because I have nothing to lose.  And she's right.  So I did, and he responded within the hour.  He was planning to go away, but I reminded him that it was a three day weekend in my original message and he said he may stay because of that...but honestly that didn't make a lot of sense to me...if it was a long weekend, wouldn't you want to go home more because you have more time to spend there?  Confusing...but guys generally are.  It was then the debate over what to respond back.

Now I also decided to confide in two other friends, guy and a girl, both single (the good friend who gave me advice before has been well versed in relationships and is in a longterm, long distance relationship right now).  So, I told them the whole story. They gave me advice about a response as well.  I decided on something short and sweet, but still managed to give my number.  We'll see how it goes...I'm not getting my hopes up...I'm trying to just be neutral, which is almost impossible.

Something else has caught my attention as well, or I should say, someone else: the guy friend I mentioned earlier.  We walked home together and spent the vast majority of the time talking about relationships, and being, quite frankly, totally honest with each other, which is something new for me.  I don't generally like to broadcast how inexperienced I am.  It was refreshing to talk with a guy about relationships and not feel anything but friendship for them.

Well, I really must stop procrastinating, dear Void.

No comments:

Post a Comment