The dance we shared beneath the stars above.
For a moment all the world was right,
How could I have known
That you'd ever say good bye
And I, I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could've missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance.
Holding you I held everything
For a moment, wasn't I the king
If I'd only known how the king would fall
Well who's to say
You know I might have changed it all
And I, I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could've missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance.
It's my life, it's better left to chance
I could've missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss
The
Dance.
I thought I'd start off with a song this time. It sets the tone for what I want to say. This is one of my favorite Garth Brooks songs. You see, it tells the story of a special relationship I had with someone in high school. We are still friends, but there was a point in time where he didn't speak to me for months. We were never a couple, but we did share a perfect dance one night during our junior prom. Despite all the miscommunication, confusion, fear and subsequent pain, I wouldn't have traded that dance for a happier existence. I'm just finally happy that I can realize that it's over. It doesn't hold fast to me like a relationship that I can't get away from. Not from my end. Since we began talking again, I'm afraid he's getting the wrong idea. I'm happy to be his friend again, but I can't go back to what we almost were. I'm done with that chapter of my life.
The next few weeks are going to be crazy busy, so I won't have time to write. Afterwards though, I should have a lot to say. Until then, dear Void, all my love.
No comments:
Post a Comment